Top-rated Company Incorporation Service in Singapore
Singapore company incorporation process takes only 1-3 days. Our promotional company incorporation package starts at $699 only. It comes with 2 FREE services like company secretary and registered office address for the first year.
Company Incorporation in Singapore
The Accounting & Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) is the Company Registrar and governs the process to incorporate a company in Singapore. It is as per the Companies Act, Chapter 50.
Things You Should Know Before Company formation in Singapore
The online company registration in Singapore is a well-optimized process. Both local & foreign entrepreneurs can complete it in 1-3 days & set up their business in Singapore without any hassle.
You, as a foreigner, cannot open a company in Singapore on your own and need to appoint a registered filing agent. You also need an Entrepreneur pass to relocate and work in the city-state. Ask your agent for the customised Singapore company registration solutions.
Singapore Business Structures that Get You Maximum Benefits
Any individual over the age of 18 can form a company in Singapore. Even foreigners can own 100% shares in a company.
In Singapore, you can use the following business structures or entity types to register a company in Singapore and maximise tax benefits.
- Private Limited Company (Pte Ltd)
- Subsidiary Company
- Branch Office
Singapore Company Incorporation Services
Private Limited Company (Pte Ltd)
Local and foreign individuals prefer to opt for private limited company registration. It is a tax-efficient and dynamic structure most suitable for business growth.
- It can have 1-50 shareholders.
- At least one director must be ordinarily resident (Singapore citizens, Permanent Resident, or an Entrepass holder).
- Singapore corporate income tax is in the range of 0%-17%.
- It has a separate legal identity from company shareholders.
- It has perpetual existence.
- It is a legal person having rights of a natural person.
- It can buy or sell property in its name.
- It can sue or be sued in its name.
- The company is responsible for its losses or debts.
- Transfer of ownership of shares is easy.
- It is credible to investors, financial institutions, suppliers, & customers.
- As a tax resident, a local private limited company gets all tax benefits and incentives offered by the authorities.
A foreign corporate entity can set up a subsidiary company to expand its business activities to Singapore.
- It has a separate identity from its parent company.
- The parent company can own 100% shareholding in its Singapore subsidiary.
- A subsidiary is treated as a local company. It gets the tax benefits, exemptions, and rebates provided by the authorities.
- A subsidiary is liable for its debts and losses. The parent company’s liability is limited to its share capital.
Subsidiary Company Registration + Employment Pass – For Quote Contact Us.
The foreign companies can also register their branch office in Singapore.
- The branch office has no separate identity from its foreign parent company.
- It is taken to be the extension of its parent company.
- The parent company is liable for its branch’s debts and losses.
- The management of the Singapore branch office deals with issues regarding shareholding, business activities, and structure by referring to the Memorandum & Articles of Association of the parent company.
- It is not treated as a local Singapore company. It cannot claim the tax benefits, exemptions, and rebates offered by the local authorities.
- Before company incorporation in Singapore, discuss your needs with your agent. Because, with the right business structure, you can manage the risk, liability, growth, & branding of business effectively.
(Please take note, Currently, we are not providing Branch Office Services until further Notice)
Key Requirements to Register a Company in Singapore
- Minimum paid-up capital of $1
- At least one shareholder
- At least one local or resident director
- At least one company secretary
- Registered local address
Incorporating a Business in Singapore for Foreigners
Registered Filing Agent: You, as a foreign individual or a corporate entity, can simplify your task by appointing a registered filing agent. A number of Singaporean accounting firms, law firms, or Singapore secretarial services act in this capacity.
Local Director: Most importantly, you need to appoint a local director who is ordinarily resident of Singapore. Singaporeans, Permanent Residents, and EntrePass holders are eligible to act a local director for a new Singapore company formation.
Singapore Company Incorporation + Employment Pass – For Quote Contact Us.
3 Steps for Company Registration in Singapore
Step 1: Apply & get your company’s name approved from ACRA
Supply a list of 3-5 names to the agent. They will check them for availability in BizFile+ portal.
For the quick approval of the company name:
- Choose a unique name that will hint at the nature of your business
- ACRA rejects names containing vulgar or obscene words
- It should not violate copyrights or trademarks
- If your application gets referred to the higher authorities, the approval can take up to 2 months.
The approved company name is reserved for 60 days. The agent can extend the period by another 60 days by applying to ACRA.
Step 2: Documents for Company Incorporation in Singapore
Following is a list of documents that you need to submit at the time of forming a Singapore company.
- Approved Company name
- Description of business activities
- Registered local address
- Particulars of shareholders, directors, company secretary
- Foreign Individuals: a copy of passport & proof of residential address (overseas)
- Foreign Companies: Memorandum & Articles of Associations, Certificate of Incorporation
- Singapore Residents: A copy of their Singapore identity card
Step 3: Submit an application to ACRA
The process to incorporate & company formation in Singapore is online. Submit your documents to your agent who can visit online portal BizFile+ for the task.
Singapore Company Incorporation Package
|Singapore Company Incorporation
|Amount of Fees (SGD)
|Company secretary for First year (Worth S$299)
|Registered address for First year (Worth S$239)
*All prices exclusive of 8% GST (Goods and Services Tax) Total Fees
Official Documents Available Post Company Registration
At the time of company formation in Singapore, you need to adopt a company constitution (Memorandum and Articles of Association). It is a document that details the rules and procedures that govern the working of your company. It also details the purpose and the rights and responsibilities of the company.
You can either use generic or model company constitution by ACRA or hire experts to prepare a custom one to fulfil your needs. The document addresses issues like:
- Company name
- The limited liability of its members
- The full names, addresses, and occupations of company’s founder shareholders
- A statement expressing the wish of the first shareholders to form a company as per the Constitution and to own a stated number of shares in its capital
The company constitution also details rules to run the company on a daily basis and how to handle issues that are listed below:
- Issuance and sale of shares
- Company meetings
- Company directors
- Company secretary
- Company seal
- Financial statements
Documents Issued by ACRA to You on Successful Company Registration
Certificate of Incorporation
After the successful incorporation of the company, ACRA sends an email. It contains the registration number of company, date, etc. The email is good enough as a certificate of incorporation in Singapore. The agent can apply to ACRA for its hard copy.
Company’s Business Profile (BizProfile)
The business profile contains details of the company. It can be downloaded in PDF format after paying a small fee.
- Company name
- Registration number
- Previous names for the company, if any
- Registration date
- Principal Business Activities
- Paid-up capital
- Registered address
- Particulars of Shareholders/Directors/Company Secretary
You need a business profile for opening a corporate bank account, signing documents for office lease, subscribing to utilities.
First Board Resolution
After incorporating a company, its shareholders meet and pass resolutions to hire directors, company secretaries, or company secretarial services, auditors, etc.
Get Licenses and Permits
If your company needs licenses or permits, apply and get them before starting the business activities.
Goods and Service Tax (GST) Registration
If you expect to cross S$1 million in annual turnover, register your company for GST.
Company Seal & Stamp
The company seal and stamp lends credibility to the documents. You need the company seal if your company constitution says so.
The share certificates are proof of shareholders’ ownership in the company. The company secretary issues them to the shareholders of the company.
Tips for Singapore Company’s Compliance
Singapore companies need to keep accounting books in order. It means updating general ledgers, accounts payable and account receivables, or fixed asset ledger, etc. And filing of annual financial statements with ACRA in XBRL format.
Annual General Meeting:
The providers of company secretarial services assist companies in conveying their annual general meeting in every calendar year. The companies need to table their financial statements for the shareholder’s scrutiny.
Annual Returns Filing:
It must file Annual Returns within a month of its AGM.
The due dates of company tax filing are 30 November (paper-filing) and 15 December (e-filing).
Determine Financial Year:
The company can choose any month to start its financial year.
Unique Entity Number:
Corporate secretary Singapore has to make sure that company’s name and UEN is on all of its official documents, correspondence, and business letters.
SBS Consulting Pte Ltd is a reliable registered filing agent. We assist our clients in Singapore business incorporation. If you have any queries about it, call us on +65 6536 0036 or send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to know more.
Singaporeans and Permanent Residents can use their Singapore ID to visit BizFin+ portal. Here they can register their Pte Ltd online.
Foreign individuals and corporations must employ a provider of Singapore company incorporation services. These firms can officially interact with the Company Registrar, ACRA on your behalf.
- Firstly, they pay S$15 and register your company's name with ACRA.
- Secondly, they pay S$300, submit your incorporation documents and register your company with ACRA.
These firms also advise you on the post-incorporation tasks that you must take care of before starting your business activities.
A company registered in Singapore is a legal entity. It has the rights of a natural born person. The process through which such a company comes into being and acquires this status is called incorporation. The company has a separate identity from its owners or shareholders.
Yes! A foreign individual can be the director of a Singapore-based company. A company can appoint as many directors as it wants. Singapore does not permit corporate directors.
Anyone, a local or foreign individual, over the age of 18 years can incorporate a Singapore company. They must be able to meet the ACRA's basic pre-incorporation requirements and must not be convicted of any misconduct or bankrupt.
The Company Registrar of Singapore, i.e. ACRA charges fees of S$15 to register the company name and S$300 to register the company. The foreigners cannot self-register their company. They have to appoint an agent for the task.
Depending on the services, they need the actual cost of setting up a Singapore company varies. SBS Consulting's incorporation packages start from S$699. With our promotional package, you get company secretary services and registered office address for FREE for the first year.
Yes! Any foreigner over the age of 18 years can register a company in Singapore. Singapore allows them to own 100% share equity of their company.
An experienced registered filing agent like SBS Consulting can incorporate a Singapore company in 1-3 days. However, if the application for it gets referred to the concerned Ministry, it may take up to 2 months.
If you are opting to incorporate a Singapore company, you should go through the following list of business. You should also search on the internet for something that you will like to offer to your customers to solve their problem. Choose something that you are passionate about; then, it won't be work or a job.
- Accounting Services
- FinTech Services
- Freight and Courier Services
- Digital Marketing
- Aerospace and Aviation Industries
- Clean and Sustainable Energy
- Elderly Care Serice
- Childcare Services
- Fitness Trainer
- Food & Catering Services
- Boat Cleaner
- Computer Repair Service
- Consulting Services
- Financial Planner
- Import/Export Specialist
Singapore is one of the best business hubs. It has a very strong startup ecosystem in the place. The government takes an active interest and supports new companies with accelerator and incubator program. It is easy for a startup to find funding in Singapore.
It offers them various tax benefits, rebates, exemptions like tax exemptions for startup companies to reduce their overhead costs. The Singapore corporate tax is in the range of 0%-17%. The dividends to shareholders are tax-free.
Singapore is an entrepot and serves East and West. It has reliable sea and air connectivity with the rest of the world and emerging markets. It has efficient communication networks which offer great connectivity. It has signed more than 70 trade agreements to simplify cross-border trade.
Normally, an agent can register your company in 1-3 days. Some applications are referred to the higher levels of authority and may take up to 2 months for the approval.