+65-6536 0036 +65-6536 0036

Singapore Work Visas, Employment & Entrepreneur Pass

Singapore Work Visa, Singapore Entrepreneur Pass, Singapore Employment Pass

Singapore work visas are in demand from the individuals who wants to work in Singapore. EntrePass, Employment Pass, S Pass, Personalized Employment Permit, Singapore work visa, etc are the examples of these. Some of these require high educational qualifications as well as proven technical skills.

SBS Consulting provides full range of services for obtaining visas to individuals and entrepreneurs who wish to stay and work in Singapore. You can choose from several visa options. We facilitate the executing of the exact procedure of obtaining the right kind of visa for you. SBS Consulting helps you in submitting the completed application for new visas and renewal of old visas along with tracking the status and troubleshooting of errors.

The Singapore government offers a range of work permits or visas starting from less-skilled laborers to highly qualified and experienced professionals, who come under P1 and P2 category. For those foreign professionals who wish to work or establish business in Singapore, given below is a brief account of the range of Singapore Work Visa, Entrepreneur Passes and other Immigration Services.

Singapore Work Visa, Employment Visa & Entrepreneur Passes:

1.  Singapore Employment Pass:

This is the widely issued work visa, also known as Singapore EP pass or Singapore E pass. This pass allows foreign entrepreneurs, directors, general managers, shareholders and skilled professionals to work and live in Singapore for a minimum of 12 months period. Validity period ranges between 1 and 2 years. The Singapore Employment Pass is renewable as long as the pass holder remains employed in the company. The validity period for applicants applying for the first time is up to two years. The minimum monthly salary threshold for them is S$3,300 or above. Note that the validity for Employment Pass renewal is up to three years.

2.  Singapore Entrepreneur Pass or Singapore EntrePass:

The Entrepreneur Pass which is also known as the EntrePass is a visa that allows foreigners to work and stay in Singapore for a period of up to 1 to 2 years. This is mostly suited for foreign entrepreneurs, who intend to establish a new business in Singapore. There are a few criteria to apply this pass such as the applicant must hold at least 30% of total shares in the company and the company must have at least S$50,000 share capital etc . With the effect from 1st September 2013, Singapore Ministry of Manpower has major revisions to the eligibility criteria for the Singapore EntrePass scheme. As long as the criteria outlined by Singapore’s Ministry of Manpower are met sufficiently, these pass holders are allowed to travel in and out of Singapore with ease. They face no hassles at the Singapore immigration process. Take note that the Singapore Entrepreneur Pass is renewable on a yearly basis.

3.  Singapore Personalized Employment Pass (PEP):

Based on the merits of an individual, this specially designed pass is issued. The Singapore Personalized Employment Pass also called PEP visa, is a self sponsored Singapore work visa, introduced to provide job flexibility to middle and senior foreign executives working in Singapore. A PEP pass holder is not bound under any employer and is allowed to switch employers. The validly period to stay in Singapore is up to 6 months while still in job and exploring new employment opportunities. The non-renewable PEP pass is issued for 3 years. The minimum salary threshold is S$144,000 per annum.

4.  S Pass:

The S pass is meant for mid skilled foreigners.  Mid level skilled foreign worker for e.g. technicians, who wish to work in Singapore may apply for an S-Pass. Applicants will be assessed on the basis of point system, taking into account a multiple criteria like – education, highest qualification, job type and skills to perform, work experience, salary and so on. S-Pass applicants accumulate points based on how far they meet the criteria. The minimum salary threshold is S$2,200 or above.

5.  Singapore Work Permit (WP):

There are different kinds of WP Visas granted:

  • To foreign workers who wish to work in Singapore. The workers should be from an approved source of country or territory. It depends on the sector in which the worker is going to work.
  • To foreign domestic workers, who come to Singapore to work as domestic help, the employer needs to apply for this kind of visa. The validity of the visa is two years.
  • To performing artists, who wish to perform at any Public Entertainment Licensed outlet in Singapore such as discotheques, bars, lounges, pubs, nightclubs, hotels, restaurants, or private clubs. The validity of the visa is six months.
  • To confinement nannies, who come to work in Singapore for a short period of 16 weeks. The employer needs to apply for a confinement nanny visa.

6.  Singapore Long Term Visit Pass:

The P1 and P2 pass holders can apply for the Long Term Visit Pass for their spouses, children under 21 years (including handicapped and stepchildren) and parents (only P1 pass holders).

7.  Singapore Miscellaneous Work Pass:

This type of visa is issued to those foreign nationals who wish to come to Singapore on short-term assignments such as conducting seminars, conferences, and workshops. Foreign journalists and reporters who wish to cover any event or write a story are also issued the Miscellaneous Work Pass.

8.  Singapore Work Holiday Programme:

This Singapore work visa is issued to university undergraduates and graduates who are between the ages of 18-25. The students should be studying in selected universities in the following eight territories: United States, United Kingdom, France, Australia, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, and New Zealand.

9.  Singapore Training Employment Pass:

The student visas are issued as a part of the undergraduate degree programme from an acceptable institution located in Singapore. The student should earn a fixed monthly salary of at least S$3,000. The student applying for this visa should not already hold a training employment pass for a similar type of training arrangement.

10.  Singapore Training Work Permit:

The training work permit is issued to semi-skilled or unskilled workers from related overseas companies to undergo professional training in Singapore. Those foreign students who are studying in educational institutes in Singapore are also eligible to apply for this type of visa.

11.  Dependant’s Pass (DP):

DP is a visa that permits the spouse and children of Singapore Work Visa holders to stay in Singapore. The child must be unmarried, legally adopted under 21 years old or a newborn. It is in accordance with the Singaporean laws for the dependent pass holder to apply for a work visa later on.

In order to work in a foreign country, a person is required to obtain a work permit in the form of a visa. No country would allow a person’s stay on their land for work without having valid Work Permits. In foreign companies, there is a policy of sending their team of professionals or workers to different destinations. Many professionals arrive in Singapore on a regular basis for employment and work. They are required to obtain a valid work permit that is Singapore Work Visas and Passes. Depending on the nature of work and purpose, the government of Singapore has framed certain emigration laws aimed at facilitating the stay of such foreign nationals.

Please feel free to contact us on +65 6536 0036 or drop in an email at info@sbsgroup.com.sg

Get Package

Learn More About the Package

Please fill in the below form


*I am interested in :

Company RegistrationAccounting ServicesTaxation ServicesCorporate SecretarialAuditing ServicesPayroll ServicesBookkeeping ServicesVisas and Passes ServicesXBRL Filing